Friday, August 18, 2006

The first day of the rest of their lives.

Yesterday we started using the computers in Astronomy. Aside from some small issues, things whent very well. I would say that looking at this group allows me to be very excited about trying this style of teaching with them. There is a high level of energy in the class about the instructional changes and use of new methodologies. I am going to teach the first unit the same for the most part since it is a lot of activities. I am looking forward to the second unit, one that I have not enjoyed in the past, since I am going to ask them how the unit should look.

I told them that life changes now, here, in this room. It is a journey and I am excited to be on it.

1 comment:

Kurt W. said...

Heh, as I read your post, I realized that you were talking about the next day of the rest of my life. Today was a great use of the notebooks and I hope it continues throughout the year. Of course, I am a little timid about the next unit. We'll just have to see how it goes!