Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Hope.

I was working with the astronomy students on a project in the computer lab where we were looking at pictures of the Moon. The students were asked to evaluate each image and decide the identity of each geologic structure. I was trying to figure out if there was a way that the students could post their results on-line for others to see/comment on. One student said, "I wish we could ask an expert how to do this." I was hoping to find a way to connect students with professionals in the field so that they could have "conversations" with each other. Is there a way to do this?

3 comments:

Davis said...

I know there is a place to do this with students' writing and even logging into places that hook students up with authors. I would think there are places for students to do this. If I come across a place, I will let you know!

Meyer said...

No offense, Brian, but having lived in Wisconsin, cheese seems to be the key to all knowledge - especially about the moon. Thanks for letting me comment.

Karl Fisch said...

There are a variety of "ask the expert" type websites - this is one: http://www.askanexpert.com/ . Another route would be to simply contact the Astronomy or Geology department at a local university (CU comes to mind) and ask if there was anyone there who you (or rather, the students) could converse with. If you found someone who was interested, maybe you could invite them to join your class blog and interact with students there.